- Books & Audio items: 2 weeks
- DVDs: 1 week
- Magazines current issues: 2 days
- Magazines back issues: 2 weeks
Items may be renewed by phone or email, if no one is waiting for them.359-2276
Friend Memorial Library offers free wireless Internet access for your own computer or using one of the library’s public access computers. By your use of this service, you agree to abide by the following rules for use and safety.
Parents or custodians of minor children assume responsibility for their children’s use of the Internet through the library connection.
Limits on use of the computer:
- Time slots: Individuals may reserve one 30 minute computer session per day, by signing the sign-up sheet at the circulation desk. Time may be reserved up to one day in advance, in person or by phone.
- Printing: A printer is available for public use at twenty cents a page.
- Wireless Use: Please insure that your wireless computer has virus and spyware protection to safeguard the Maine State Library wireless system.
- Fees for Service: No user shall incur any costs to Friend Memorial Library through access to fee-for-service resources.
The library’s online access is primarily an information resource. Please be considerate of others waiting to use the computer.
Ethical Use: Users of the library’s online resources agree that they WILL NOT
- Violate any law, including copyright, regarding the use of this medium
- Tamper with the library’s machines, systems, or settings
- Engage in unauthorized use of passwords, or violation of software agreements, or violate other restrictions on general use of the library’s online resources
- Intentionally expose other individuals to materials that they or, if they are under 18, their parents find unsuitable
- Engage in unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of personal identification information regarding minors
Users of these resources agree that they will respect the privacy of others’ access to online information.
Staff Assistance: As with all library information resources, staff will provide assistance as needed by patrons accessing Internet information, including basic orientation to those unfamiliar with Internet resources.
Friend Memorial Library reserves the right to suspend or terminate access to the Internet and use of the library’s computers without prior notice at any time and for any reason.